Events API Release Log
Below is a list of Events API releases and notes for each.
LTS Long Term Support, the most stable versions, features locked, recommended for new engagements
Latest Rolling release of latest features, recommended for dev only
Deprecated In limited use and not recommended for new engagements
Archived Version no longer available
Long Term Support releases are now available and should be used in Production environments.
v1.5.0 – 14th November 2018 Latest v2019.1.LTS v2019.2.LTS
- Implemented internal changes to Events API which improve stability and performance.
v1.4.3 – 3rd October 2018 v2018.1.LTS v2018.2.LTS
- Various internal changes that improve stability.
v1.4.2 – 12th September 2018 Archived
- Fixed a bug where an error fetching past events on subscriber initialisation would prevent receiving any future events.The API still reports the error in the console, records it in the
LearnosityEvents.errorslist and sends it to the
errorListenerif specified, but now continues to send subscribe requests to retrieve new events and deliver them to the application.
- Fixed the messages reported on backend errors. Previously, raw backend error responses were reported verbatim in the console. An additional error message is now reported, if available, giving more context about what the error means for the API (e.g., fatal or not). This does not impact what gets recorded (i.e, the error only) in
LearnosityEvents.errorsnor sent to the
- Fixed a bug where requests denied with 4xx HTTP errors would be retried in a tight loop. This prevents overloading the backend with a lot of known-incorrect requests. As before, the request is passed to the caller's
errorListener, allowing it to be informed about the issue and take further corrective action if needed.
v1.4.1 – 11th July 2018 Archived
- Made the retry-on-error behavior less aggressive by batching all retried publish events into fewer requests. This reduces the load on both clients and server in case of transient failures, and avoids compounding the problem while ensuring past events do not get lost.
- Fixed the way cross-domain iframe is served, it is now using requested version by server side determination. This allows better forward compatibility.
v1.4.0 – 6th June 2018 Archived
- Added support for LTS versions
- v2018.1.LTS is released
v1.3.0 – 9th May 2018 Archived
- Internal refactors for improved performance.
v1.2.2 – 7th February 2018 Deprecated
- [BUG] Fixed an issue which would cause the
live-activitystatus-by-userreport to not show any updates after being refreshed in Firefox, IE or Safari
v1.2.1 – 21st June 2017 Archived
- Add support for usage metrics
v1.2.0 – 29th March 2017 Archived
- Add new
addUsers()public method, which allows the caller to subscribe to events from,and send events to, additional users after initialisation.
v1.1.0 – 8th March 2017 Archived
- Support for the new
gotoevent verbs added in Reports API v0.48.0
- Improve error messages for communication errors that cannot be retried
v1.0.1 – 25th October 2016 Archived
- Back-end bug fix to how we handle custom per-consumer settings
v1.0.0 – 5th October 2016 Archived
- Clean up public methods for a v1 release: remove off(), eventBus.on(), eventBus.off()
- Rename the 'skip' initOption to 'ignore_past_events' for clarity
v0.10.2 – 9th August 2016 Deprecated
- Further reliability improvements through retry with backoff & error handling
v0.10.1 – 20th April 2016 Archived
- Handle integers for activity ID
v0.10.0 – 17th February 2016 Archived
- Further reliability improvements through detailed retry & error handling
- Add support for whitelisting all domains passed in security
v0.9.0 – 1st February 2016 Archived
- Improve reliability by handling retries at the level of individual events
v0.8.0 – 13th January 2016 Archived
- Add ability to subscribe to events filtered by activity ID
v0.6.2 – 10th September 2015 Archived
- Ignore stale subscriber events received after preloaded events
v0.6.1 – 18th August 2015 Archived
- Fix for multiple app instances on the page
v0.6.0 – 13th August 2015 Archived
- Past events are now loaded from persistence layer on init
- Performance and stability improvements
v0.2.4 – 12th March 2015 Archived
- Ensure events are always received in chronological order
v0.2.3 – 2nd March 2015 Archived
- Fix race condition in app init() introduced in v0.2.2
v0.2.2 – 26th February 2015 Archived
- Fixes for using multiple instances of Events API on the page
v0.2.1 – 16th October 2014 Archived
- Change .publish() method signature
- xAPI "object" structure
- Set `eventbus` attribute default value to be `true`
- Never shows alert box, silently log exceptions to console
v0.2.0 – 2nd October 2014 Archived
- Make Events API to be first class citizen
- Exposing public methods: .on(), .off(), .publish() and eventBus.on(), eventBus.off()