Annotations API Release Log
Below is a list of Annotations API releases and notes for each.
LTS Long Term Support, the most stable versions, features locked, recommended for new engagements
Latest Rolling release of latest features, recommended for dev only
Deprecated In limited use and not recommended for new engagements
Archived Version no longer available
Long Term Support releases are now available and should be used in Production environments.
v0.5.7 – 19th September 2019 v2019.1.LTS v2018.2.LTS
v0.7.2 – 28th August 2019 Latest v2019.2.LTS
v0.7.1 – 5th June 2019 Archived
- Fixed a bug when navigating the assessment with a screen-reader. If the assessment had Annotations API initialized, users would navigate through highlight elements that were not yet active.
v0.7.0 – 30th April 2019 Archived
rendermethod to the
stickynotemodule to render all notes when the DOM context of stickynote is ready.
- The public method
stickynotemodule now accepts a new
contextargument which is a DOM selector. Calling this method while providing a
contextwill allow the created sticky note to be added to that DOM element.
v0.6.0 – 3rd April 2019 Archived
- Added new public methods
hideAnnotations()to display and hide all Annotation modules content.
- Added support for the public method
module, when there is no module name provided, it will return an array that contains all the enabled module names.
- Added new public methods
hide()for text highlight, to display and hide highlighted text.
- Fixed bugs that caused Annotations app inside a form element to trigger a submit event when clicking
stickynote's trash button or
drawing's hide grid button.
v0.5.6 – 30th April 2019 Archived
- Internal change to ensure the LTS version is loaded properly.
v0.5.4 – 20th February 2019 Archived
- Fixed a bug where the drawing toolbar would sometimes appear far from any drawing areas when entering drawing mode.
v0.5.3 – 10th December 2018 Archived
- Fixed a bug in Annotations API where the Text Highlight popover wouldn't reposition after modifying the current text selection.
- Fixed a bug where a collapsed Sticky Note could accidentally be expanded when selecting text or scrolling, especially on touch devices.
- Fixed a bug that caused the text highlight popover to appear in the wrong position, inside the scrollable container of its parent.
v0.5.2 – 14th November 2018 Archived
- Improved the visibility of
texthighlightmodule's popover toolbar. When the selected text is too close to the edge of the screen, the popover toolbar will appear in the opposite direction to make sure it's visible to the user.
v0.5.1 – 24th October 2018 Archived
- Fixed a bug in which the Annotations API Text Highlight popover would render on top of the text selection, hence making it overlap the system's native dialog on Android and ChromeOS. Now it renders below the selection so that it's easier to interact with.
- Fixed a bug in which the Annotations API Text Highlight popover automatically closed before being able to select a color on iOS 12.
v0.5.0 – 3rd October 2018 Archived
- Added the new Drawing feature, which allows students to draw on top of their assessment content.
- Updated the component powering all movable Annotations tools to use pointer events where available.
- Fixed a bug where the tooltips for some icons did not use label bundle strings.
- Fixed a bug where the StickyNote
setPosition()public method was not working properly.
- Fixed a bug in which the Annotations API Text Highlight popover automatically closed, before being able to select a color on iOS and Android. Now, users are able to pick their highlight color of choice on touch devices.
v0.4.0 – 12th September 2018 Archived
- Added the new sticky notes feature, which allows students to place square yellow notes on top of the assessment, and type text into them.
- Added a global
editableflag to toggle the "read only" mode across all Annotations modules.
- Added support for enabling/disabling Annotations API's Notepad module based on the global
- Fixed a bug that caused highlight to be resumed in the wrong position when we removed old highlights, then highlighted part of the same area again.
- Fixed a bug that caused the input field of the
notepadto not span 100% height on iOS 10 devices.
v0.3.0 – 23rd August 2018 Archived
- Added foundation work for the core functionality of two brand new annotations tools.
- Fixed a bug where the minimized Notepad tool within Annotations API prevented text immediately underneath from being highlighted/selected.
- Fixed an issue with Text Highlight in Annotations API oddly rendering the tooltip when highlighting fractions. This results in all Math fractions and formulas behaving in the same way as regular text and therefore a more consistent user experience.
v0.2.0 – 1st August 2018 Archived
- Added labelBundle support when the user overwrites labels from Assess API initOptions.
- The Annotations Notepad now defaults to 360x370px and can be resized down to 240x250px at minimum, providing a more natural feeling portrait orientation.
- Fixed a bug where notepad expand/collapse will broken in fullscreen mode.
v0.1.1 – 11th July 2018 Archived
- Added two new public methods for
texthighlightto control the editing and removal of highlights with
- Added a feature preventing users from highlighting text that is within drag and drop Question types,
tokenhighlightand Math question types' response area. This creates a better user experience.
v0.1.0 – 20th June 2018 Archived
- Initial release of Annotations API core, v0.1.0
- Added the notepad tool.
- Added the highlight tool.